Patient & Caregiver Resources
The journey through cancer can be overwhelming and stressful. We will do everything we can to guide you through.
You are entitled to a team of health care professionals you trust.
Know that you are the key person in every decision.
Print out the questions below to reference throughout your treatment plan.Download patient questions
Questions to discuss with caregivers
- How will I get to and from medical appointments?
- What are the travel expenses?
- What costs will be covered by insurance?
- Who can help me at home if needed?
- Who will make health care decisions for me if I get too sick to make them myself?
- Who is my emergency contact?
- Who do I want my providers to talk to about my condition?
- Who shouldn’t know anything unless I am present?
Questions to ask your providers
- What type of cancer do I have?
- What is the stage of the cancer?
- Has it spread to other areas of my body?
- What are my chances of survival?
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the benefits and risks of each treatment option?
- What treatment do you recommend? Why?
- When will I need to start treatment?
- If other specialists take part in my care, who will be in charge of my treatment plan?
- What is my chance of recovery with this treatment?
- How will we know if the treatment is working?
- Where will I go for treatment?
- How is the treatment given?
- How many treatment sessions will I have?
- How long will each treatment session take?
- How can I prevent or treat side effects?
- Are there any lasting effects of the treatment?
- Will this treatment affect my ability to have children?
- What are the chances that the cancer may come back?
- What would we do if that happens?
- Which doctor(s) should I see for my follow-up care? How often?
- What tests do I need after treatment is over?
- How often will I have the tests?
- What records do I need to keep about my treatments?
Information and Links
National Cancer Institute
National Cancer Institute offers authoritative information about all types of cancer and the latest cancer research.
American Cancer Society
American Cancer Society offers services and information that could help you while you are dealing with cancer.
Foundation for Women’s Cancer
The foundation is dedicated to increasing awareness of gynecologic cancer risk, prevention, detection and treatment.